onsdag 20. april 2011

You're gonna miss this

Right now im sitting in class, but the teacher has decided to give us the time off to work on other homework or sleep so I decided to write here. I am writing in english because it is so annoying to not have ae oe and aa. Now that the school year is slowly coming to an end it is starting to dawn on me that my time here is almost over. I remember in the beginning how everything was new and I was still fascinated by the cheerleaders and football players in the hallways and the school spirit was almost overwhelming. The american teenager is exactly how you see them on TV and I can honestly say that I consider myself one of them. I don't always act like them but I certainly talk like them. Being here has made me understand that I can adapt and blend in with a totally different type of group of friends faster and more thoroughly than I thought. I pictured myself being the exchange student and the "outsider" the entire year, but that has not been the case. I have been accepted and welcomed as a equal student, friend and family member and it has both surprised me but also been what I hoped for when I first walked in the doors of this school. When I am sitting here with only 20 days of school left I realize how blessed and lucky I have been this year and that I am probably going to miss it more than I think..

I remember that last semester I was always thinking that I had so much time here and that I could take my time and not try to do everything at once. I honestly dont know where that time went and it is scary. On the other side two months almost seem too long before I can see my family again and I don't know how I am going to survive those last two weeks before my family gets here. The last day in Tromso is still stuck in my head and i remember everything about that day. I had been looking forward to this day for many months and I don't think I realized that the day was come before we drove off to the airport. And soon I am driving to the airport to see my family(-martine) again! Its hard to explain the happiness I feel inside only thinking about seeing them again. My hostfamily is also very excited to see them and we talk about it a lot around the dinner table and I am glad that my family will have the opportunity to meet these people that I have lived with for 10 months.

This was just an update from Cherry Creek High School! I hope your easter break in Norway is amazing, I am so jealous...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar